This Privacy Statement explains our practices with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of some data, including personal data, by cinq26 SARL, the company that publishes The Darkroom Rumour and the thedarkroomrumour.com website.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, or about our use of your personal data, cookies and other similar technologies, please email us at: contact.
You can also send us a letter to the following address : cinq26
17 rue Olivier Métra
Data Protection and Privacy
Pursuant to France’s Data Protection and Privacy Act No. 78-17, January 6, 1978, each internet that leaves personal information and data on the website has a right to oppose (article 38 of the Act), access (articles 39, 41 and 42 of the Act) and correct (article 40 of the Act) this data. So they can demand that any of their information that is inaccurate, incomplete, unclear, outdated, or the collection or use, disclosure or retention is prohibited, be corrected, completed, clarified, updated or deleted.
Internet users can exercise these rights by writing to:
17 rue Olivier Métra
We receive and store some of the data that you provide to use, such as:
- your name, email address or postal code and method of payment;
- data collected when you choose to put reviews or ratings online and change your account settings on the My Account page or when you supply us any other data as part of our service or otherwise.
We use the data that we collect in order to process your subscription, your orders and your payments, and also to communicate with you about these topics or others. The data that we collect can, for example, be used to:
- communicate with you about our service (for instance, by email) in order to send you news about thedarkroomrumour.com, details about new features and new content available on thedarkroomrumour.com, special offers, events related to cinq26 or in order to help you in the event that you experience any technical problem when, for example, trying to reset your password.
cinq26 SARL pledges to consider all information collected, concerning the use of the thedarkroomrumour.com website by customers, and making it possible to identify them, as confidential information. Under no circumstances will such confidential information be provided to any outside company or institution.
This website contains information made available to outside company or hypertext links to other websites that were not developed by thedarkroomrumour.com. This content is provided for informational purposes. The existence of a link to another website is not approval of the website or its content. It is up to internet users to utilize this information using their own judgment or critical thinking. The thedarkroomrumour.com website may not be held liable for any information, opinions and recommendations given or made by third parties on other websites.
When browsing our website, cookies are stored on your computer, your mobile phone or your tablet.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data stored on the user’s computer by the web browser while browsing a website. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to record the user’s browsing activity and to send users personalized services.
Your computer’s web browser generates cookies.
Issuers of Cookies
1. The thedarkroomrumour.com Cookies
– Help us recognize your browser from one browsing session to the next so that you do not have to type in your password every time, even though it is encrypted and never stored in a manner that makes it visible on our servers or in a cookie.
– Help us personalize your home page by altering the display slightly as a function of the frequency with which you browse our website.
2. Third-Party Cookies
These are cookies stored by third-party companies. On the thedarkroomrumour.com website, you can find cookies:
– Google Analytics. These are cookies help us to know how our website is used and performances of our website and to improve how it works (for example, the most browsed pages, users’ searches in the Fnac search engine, etc.).
– Social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). These are cookies stored by third-party companies in order to identify things that you are interested in and personalize the advertising that you see outside of our website.
Under no circumstances is there ever a correction between these cookies and any personal information that thedarkroomrumour.com may have in its possession.
For further information about cookies, please see the website of France’s Data Protection and Privacy Commission CNIL.
We take reasonable administrative, logistic and physical steps necessary to safeguard the security of your personal data and protect them from theft and any unauthorized access, use or alteration. Unfortunately, nothing can be done to provide 100% security. We can therefore not guarantee the security of your data.
You must be at least 18 years old to buy a subscription for the offers and services available on thedarkroomrumour.com. In some countries, the legal age of majority may be over the age of 18, in which case you must meet this requirement before you can become a member. Minors under the age of 18 can use the service but only with the participation, with the agreement and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will be updated from time to time to reflect statutory, regulatory and operational developments. We will inform you of these changes (and of their effective date) as required by law. Your continued use of the thedarkroomrumour.com service after these changes take effect implies your acceptance of the changes. If you do not accept the changes made to this Privacy Notice, you can stop using the thedarkroomrumour.com service.
Last revision: January 19, 2021