Snapshots | Romy Alizée
In the privacy of her apartment, we discover Romy Alizée, directing bodies (women, men & non binary) with unabashed sexuality, in search of intensity and beauty. Captured in flash, her photos affirm the power of a very personal sexual aesthetic, never devoid of humour. Between directing shoots and hanging her exhibition, the photographer unzips the heart of her work and unveils her new project: documenting sex workers far from the images they get stuck with.
What you will find in this film
Three shoots with Romy Alizée • The various faces of her self-portraits • Her photographic journey • The ongoing composition of her images • Work with film and self timer • Research into the positioning of bodies when the photographer is facing the lens • The ’architecture of her book FURIE • Chats with her models • What drives Romy Alizée in photography • A certain sexuality among women • Her project to document sex workers • Her colours • Her black and whites • The need to reclaim rejection and shame about sex work • New accessories
00:00 Diary, explicit photos and portraits
07:35 Seizing land denied to women
13:05 Colour for sex workers
This content is for members only.
• TOF ZINE #2 LE CLUB DES FEMMES - artist: Romy Alizée ; 2019 ; 476 edition
• FURIE - artist: Romy Alizée ; 2018 ; Maria Inc editions
• FANZINE : LES CROCS ÉLECTRIQUES #39 - 2017
• FIST - a collective work directed by Laure Giappiconi, Elisa Monteil and La Fille Renne (2021)
• ROMY & LAURE… ET LE MYSTÈRE DU PLUG ENCHANTÉ - directed by Laure Giappiconi and Romy Alizée (2021)
• ROMY & LAURE… ET LE SECRET DE L’HOMME MEUBLE - directed by Laure Giappiconi and Romy Alizée (2019)